23 June - 29 June
Our Goal this week in Mother Nature's Goodies National Pet Week is to promote responsible pet ownership and celebrate the human-animal bond.
How to be a Responsible pet owner:
Select a pet that's suited to your home and lifestyle. The relationship is for life. Provide appropriate exercise and mental stimulation and socialize and train your pet.
Invest Time and Money. Make sure your pet receives preventive health care (vaccinations, parasite control, etc.), as well as care for any illnesses or injuries. Budget for potential emergencies.
Clean up after your pet and don't allow your pet to stray or become feral. Make sure your pet is properly identified with tags or microchips.
Have your pet spayed or neutered.
Prepare for an emergency or disaster, including assembling an evacuation kit and make alternate arrangements if you can no longer provide care for your pet.
7 things you can do to keep your pet healthy
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight;
- Exercise your pet;
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet;
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy and to help detect problems earlier;
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies;
- Keep your pet free of parasites (fleas, ticks, etc)
- Spay/neuter your pet.
Our 100% Organic Animal Range will help keep you pet healthy and free of parasites from only £4.99 each.
Share your comments, tips and videos with our Readers. Be a Fan on Facebook.